Friday, August 17, 2012

Fox Internship Lawsuit
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/fox-internship-lawsuit-expands_n_1774999.html



20th Century Fox is being sued by interns due to no payment at all. Apparently, interns from the film "The Black Swan" were not paid while working and cooperating for the film. They were completely overworked and weren't getting paid at all. 20th Century Fox tried using an excuse saying that it was the director of "The Black Swan", Darren Aronofsky's fault and that the interns didn't even work for Fox Searchlight. Later, Charlie Rose and the production company got sued by Lucy Bickerton for unpaid labor from interns. Guilty or not guilty. You tell me.
This article is important because they're many young people trying to find a career in the film industry but they aren't aware of the unfairness some big name company's can bring. This article caught my eye because I want to have a career in film and I would like to be aware of these kinds of situations for the future. I wouldn't want to apply for an intern in a place where I know, would pay me so low and work me so high. These kinds of articles will prepare me for the future. How can a really successful company not have enough money to pay simple interns? Maybe they are just greedy? I don't know, no one will understand the real reason but just the company itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment