Friday, September 14, 2012

Finding Nemo in 3D

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-resident-evil-finding-nemo-box-office-20120913,0,6562897.story

          So as we all know it, Finding Nemo is now heading on the big screen again after several years.But not exactly as before this time in eye popping 3D. Yeah big whoop. Everyone is making remakes of popular movies in 3D just to make business. Basically everyone is doing it for the benefit of the companies. All they want is money, that's why they make every single movie now 3D. Some movies don't even look good in 3D. They think Finding Nemo in 3D will be No.1 in box office when it first releases, just like how The Lion King in 3D did. I personally wouldn't pay to watch a movie I could watch at home for not the price of maybe 20 bucks. I don't know but that's just me.
                  This article caught my eye because it's about Finding Nemo and as a kid I've always loved Finding Nemo. It was sad and entertaining to me now as how it was back then. This impacts me as a student because maybe I would go watch it if I had money and could afford to waste 20 bucks on a money that I could see at home regularly so it informs me and reminds me that all they want is my money. This impacts me as a filmmaker because I can maybe use this technique in the future since there still is alot of people who will waste their money to go watch this or simply they just have money to spare.

                Questions that I have are, is every movie in the future going to be based on 3D now? Are remakes how you guys are going to rely on to get our money?

9 comments:

  1. Daisy(:
    I agree with you, I personally would not go and watch this movie again and I don't believe this movie was meant to be in 3D. I dislike 3D anyways. I also think that the movie is trying to make more money. If most movies today are in 3D, im sure most movies will be in 3D in the future as well. We will see if Finding Nemo will become #1 in the box offices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its cool they're bringing back finding nemo to theaters. i might not watch it but i know others will because its a beloved film to others, 3D or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that some filmmakers realize that not all movies are designed to be in 3D. I remember one movie I watched in 3D, though I don't recall the name, that was hardly 3D at all. Out of the 2 hours, only 30 minutes worth of shots was is 3D. It was such a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love Finding Nemo, it does seem like a waste of money to go to the theaters to watch it again, just because it is in 3D. Some movies do look good, but only a very few, yet many people think that technique will work with every movie. I think new and better movies should be released instead of repeating old ones in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of 3D I think of eye popping things and movies that use 3D to enhance the experience of the film. However, in this case it seems like Finding Nemo is 3D is just something to put in 3D to earn money, like you said.
    They should be careful what movies they choose to be in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, i would not watch finding nemo in 3D ! I do not think that it is something to waste money on, because like you said i could watch it at home. I do not see the big idea of it being in 3D, i bet it will not look as great as other movies would look in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only reason I would spent extra money to go to the theater to watch Finding Nemo in 3D would be if I had never seen it before, otherwise I wouldn't. Although 3D movies are cool and all, I feel that that effect would only be good for movies that are meant to be in 3D and it isn't very effective for any random movie. Also, i'm not very fond of 3D because the 3D glasses and I prefer to watch non-3D movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no point to 3D in my opinion. It's a fad that is wearing out already. It won't be long before everyone will be scoffing at the idea of paying extra for 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really need to stop remaking films in 3D it's ruining my life!

    ReplyDelete