Thursday, January 17, 2013

Best Supporting Actor

                Tommy Lee Jones for LincolnRobert De Niro for Silver Linings Playbook, Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained, Alan Arkin for Argo, and Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Master. These are the nominees for Oscar's 2013 Best Supporting Actor. Such an honorable and memorable award that only goes out to one of these five actors. The question is, who truly deserves it?
                 Many believe Alan Arkin should win. Many others believe Robert De Niro should win or maybe Christoph Waltz or Philip Seymour Hoffman should win. I believe Tommy Lee Jones should win. I believe he should win because in Lincoln he did an incredible job. He was in my eyes one of the main source why this movie worked so well. He played 
Thaddeus Stevens. He spoke his mind and was not afraid to do so no matter how many remarks and screams he got from other people. He knew what was right and he stood up for it and it was great. It was great because I feel that without him others wouldn't have been able to do that. I feel as if, if they would have chosen another actor to do this part, they wouldn't have been nearly as close to capture our emotions like how Tommy Lee Jones did. He knew exactly what to say in the courtroom and when his words payed off when the Thirteenth Amendment passed, it was such a great feeling. He build the emotions up and made the passing of the amendment admirable.

                  I believe Tommy Lee Jones should with Best Supporting Actor, and if he doesn't I'm sure he will be nominated again in the future years and he will win because he is a great actor.

2 comments:

  1. Tommy Lee Jones deserves it in my opinion, too! He was incredible in Lincoln and no one can quite compare. I hope he takes home that Oscar on the 24th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tommy Lee Jones did good in Lincoln, and he is personally one of my top 20 favorite actors.

    ReplyDelete